Dubai South (formerly known as Dubai World Central) is a 145km city project set to be a future home for 900,00 people! We’ve all seen the Dubai South ads on Sheikh Zayed road, so now propertyfinder.ae explores what exactly is Dubai South, and why should you be keeping an eye on it.
First launched in 2006 by the government of Dubai, Dubai South is an all-encompassing city development project located at the Dubai World Central around Al Maktoum International airport (which is set to become the world’s largest airport upon completion). The city embodies the vision of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE, and Ruler of Dubai, through manifestation of the societal themes constructed for the Dubai Plan 2021. Divided into a number of major sub-developments, Dubai South is expected to attract hundreds of thousands of residents and workers.
The happiness theme
Dubai South as a city boasts itself on the happiness of the inhabitant, and aims to change the concept of how cities are constructed in order to best serve individuals. The recently launched marketing campaign, with a powerful slogan of ‘Dubai South: The City of You’, aims to highlight the happiness factor in the mega-project, with the campaign’s themes revolving around earthly colors, and emphasis on inspiration and motivation.
In the words of High Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum: “The government of Dubai has been working to build a new destination – which we are naming today ‘Dubai South’ – where individuals can empower themselves to achieve their legitimate aspirations to the greater good of society.
- Dubai World Central Residential City: the residential development currently under construction in Dubai South. Phase II will Spread over an area of 184 hectares of land, it will be DRC’s largest phase, upon completion it will be able to accommodate 53,000 people.
- Dubai World Central Commercial City: the district in Dubai South which would act as the center of activities in the rest of the city. There will be more than 850 towers ranging from 1-45 stories tall, along with 25 hotels ranging from 3 to 5 star and other amenities.
- Dubai World Central Aviation City: being built in Dubai South. The entire development will span over an area of 7,400 m2 this will make it the world’s largest maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) centre in the world.
- Dubai World Central – Al Maktoum International Airport: an international airport in Jebel Ali, it is the main part of Dubai World Central, a planned residential, commercial and logistics complex. The airport will contain the most transport modes, logistics and value-added services, including manufacturing and assembly, in a single free economic zone.
- Dubai World Central Golf City: will be located in the south western corner of Dubai South. The project upon completion will have 18 hole golf courses, retail, residential, and offices.
Live around Dubai South:
Discovery Gardens properties starting from 45,000AED
Dubai Investment Park properties starting from 44,000AED
Dubai Sports City properties starting from 43,000AED