Have you been to Global Village yet? What are you waiting for? The weather is perfect for outdoor activities and the 24th season is already shaping up to be the biggest to date. Discover the world’s largest fusion of cultures and entertainment.
Global Village in a Nutshell
The Global Village in Dubai is a huge multicultural theme park/market that allows you to experience different parts of the world in just a few hours! Hailed as the biggest entertainment, tourism, and shopping project on the planet, it would be a shame not to head there and see it for yourself.
Global Village Location
Exit 37, Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road/Emirates Road, Dubai.
Transportation to Global Village
This season, visitors to Global Village can take advantage of special offers on rides. Thanks to a collaboration between the RTA’s Dubai Taxi Corporation (DTC) and Global Village, you can enjoy cheaper taxi rides to the entertainment venue. You can book through the DTC official app.
Available options include:
- Family taxis
- Amira limos
- Convertible limos
- Limo bikes.
Global Village Duration and Timings
The season kicked off on the 29th of October, 2019, but you still have a lot of time to check it out.
- Global Village closing date: 04 April, 2020.
- Saturdays to Wednesdays: 4 pm to midnight
- Thursdays and Fridays + public holidays: 4 pm to 1 am.
- Mondays: Global Village Family Day + ladies only.
Global Village Entry Ticket Price
- The entrance ticket to Global Village remains at AED 15 per person.
- You can purchase a Wonder Pass Card (AED 1 = 1 point) at the gates to gain access to the following attractions:
- Stunt Show Survivor (AED 10)
- Circus Circus (AED 15)
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not! (AED 50 for the Mirror Maze and galleries)
- 100+ Carnaval attractions (AED 50).
The rechargeable Global Village Wonder Pass is priced at AED 100 and has 105 points (5 free).
Interesting Facts About Global Village
- Global Village size: 17,200,000 sq. ft.
- Last season, over 7 million people visited Global Village.
- This season, 78 countries are currently participating in Global Village.
- There are about 3,500 shopping outlets to enjoy.
- Global Village has one of the biggest parking capacity in Dubai, which can accommodate 18,300 vehicles at a time.
- There are various concerts and events at Global Village every season to enjoy.
- You get to enjoy street food from all around the globe!
Global Village New Attractions
Here are the latest additions to look forward to this season at Global Village:
1. Carnaval Theme Park
Global Village’s Carnaval made an impressive return this year, with the addition of a few exciting attractions to look out for:
- Wheel of the World: A 60 m high observation wheel to enjoy Dubai’s iconic skyline.
- Transylvania Towers: Are you brave enough to enter the spooky Transylvania hotel? It’s time to find out! The ride sets a new meaning for the word “haunted.”
- Moscow Max: Test your courage with this daring addition to the theme park, a pendulum ride that makes you feel like you have no weight at all. Can you imagine the feeling?
2. Ripley’s Believe It or Not!
The world-famous attraction made its very first debut in the Middle East at Global Village this year. Enter a magical world to discover some of the weirdest artifacts and collections in its 6 fascinating galleries (think shrunken heads and skulls!). You could also buy a few souvenirs for yourself or try to find your way out in the huge Mirror Maze.
3. Circus Circus
If you like to enjoy a unique show full of daring stunts, you have to check out the circus at Global Village this year. It features amazing acrobatics by the Russian Swing and funny stunts by some hilarious Columbian clowns!
Global Village Shopping
At Global Village, you can shop till you drop from the many pavilions throughout the village. Each pavilion represents a country with a majestic entrance shaped as an iconic landmark from it, perfect for great selfies!
You can literally shop the world in a few hours! Don’t miss Turkey’s mouth-watering desserts, Lebanon’s spices, Yemen’s honey, Africa’s handmade items, Japan’s accessories, Morocco’s tea, Spain’s colorful clothing, and Egypt’s cotton linen, just to name a few.
Global Village Foodies
Discovering the food stalls is definitely one of the top Global Village activities to embark on! A haven for street food, Global Village is an outstanding experience for all the foodies out there. You can savour exotic Asian fruits, India’s vada pavs, UAE’s famous luqaimat, Turkish borek, and Japanese ice cream, among many others.
New Year’s Eve at Global Village
To mark the beginning of the new decade, there will be a huge fireworks display this New Year’s Eve at Global Village. Don’t miss it!
Gather your family and friends to enjoy a truly one-of-a-kind experience at Global Village. We guarantee it’s not like anything you ever experienced.