Did you ever feel like navigating your way through the streets of Dubai can be a bit of a hassle? Makani may just be the answer to your problems.
Looking to improve navigation in Dubai’s residential areas, Dubai Municipality created an app called Makani Dubai that will make your life a lot easier.
Here’s everything you need to know about the Makani app.
1. What Is Makani?
Makani is a smartphone application available on Android (Google Play) and iOS (App Store) to help you navigate easily in Dubai. It can also be used on tablets, desktops, and laptops, as well as on GPS devices due to an auto-conversion feature.
Makani means “my location” in Arabic. Under the Makani system, every building, house, and public place in Dubai has a unique number to help people identify their location and share it.
It was launched back in 2015 by the Dubai Municipality and now can be used in other emirates as well.
2. How Is Makani Different from Google Maps?
The application is different from Google Maps as it uses the UAE National Grid for a more accurate navigation system around the city.
It is currently the official geo-addressing system of Dubai, endorsed by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Ruler of Dubai.
3. What Is the Makani Number?
Each property or building in Dubai has a Makani Number, whether private, commercial, or public place. It is the main criteria for users to identify the specific location on the app.
4. How Can You Find the Makani Number Online?
The Makani Number can be obtained simply through the application. All you need to do is the following:
- Download the app or go to Makani’s official website
- Insert your address in its traditional format, using area name, street number, and villa or building number
- You can also search the Makani Dubai map and click on any location
- The app will then provide the unique 10-digit Makani Number in Dubai that can be used to search for specific directions in the city
- Enter the Makani Number in the search field to locate a particular building/entrance on the map
- You can also add the number to Google Maps for directions.
5. Can You Find the Makani Number for Your Current Location?
Yes, if you want to know the unique Makani Number of any location you’re at and share it, you can allow the app to access your location. It will then track the location and display the number for you.
6. Where Is the Makani Number Offline?
The Makani Number is also available at your property; it should be posted in the lobby or main entrance areas of buildings. Even for villas, it should be available at the entrance.
Buildings with multiple entrances will have a unique Makani number for each entrance which is particularly helpful for large properties such as malls (Dubai Mall has 11) and parks (Safa Park has 4).
7. What Are the Benefits and Features of Makani Dubai?
Makani Dubai is an excellent initiative from the Government of Dubai and the Dubai Municipality to help improve navigation across Dubai for everyone, from officials to residents and emergency service providers.
There are several benefits and features to the Makani app highlighted below:
- Identification of public institutions, such as hospitals and healthcare services, educational institutions, local landmarks, and government organisations nearest to you in Dubai
- Precise location details, which are accurate to the coordinate, can be shared with other users
- Adding the Makani Number to the contact information of an individual on your smartphone
- Turn-by-turn voice navigation
- Regularly updated traffic information for the main roads across Dubai
- Accuracy to 1 square metre.
With Makani, you don’t need to worry about language, names, or directions. You just need to remember the first 5 digits and the last digit of the Makani Number and you’re set.
Makani is a great tool to have for sure when living in Dubai, no more getting lost!
Makani will help you find any location in Dubai and Property Finder will help you find properties for rent in Dubai.
Exclusive | Amazing Golf View | Fully Furnished
Spacious | Stunning view | Ready to move in
Available Now | Fully Serviced | Bills Included
You can also check properties for sale in Dubai and elsewhere in the UAE!
1-Bedroom | Asayel 3 | Handover Soon
TWO BED + MAIDS | PARK VIEW | HIGH FLOOR
EXCLUSIVE C-TYPE | UPGRADED | SEA VIEWS
These helpful guides for all communities in Dubai will help you find your ultimate home.
Download the Property Finder App Now!
Available for IOS & Android Devices