Property Finder Zeitgeist 2022 Report: Dubai Real Estate Market Crosses AED 240 Billion in Sales in 2022

Exclusive data from Property Finder reveals a 46% rise in total sales transactions in Dubai for the year 2022, topping the peak of 2013 by 38%, with the largest number of sales focused on apartments and villas/townhouses for the first time ever. 

Property Finder, the MENA’s leading property portal, just released Dubai’s latest annual real estate report for 2022. The Zeitgeist real estate report covers all the main highlights of the year, including the market momentum as per the number of sales transactions and search trends per category and community. You can download the full report here

dubai real estate report 2022

Record-Breaking Success in 2022

According to the comprehensive report, it has been a booming year for the Dubai real estate market in 2022 with record-breaking numbers. Registered sales transactions in Dubai reached 88,028 total transactions as of November 2022; this is a significant increase from 60,258 transactions in 2021. It reflects an impressive growth of 46% which tops 2013’s market peak by 38%. In value, such outstanding achievement amounts to more than AED 240 Billion, a 61% increase over 2021. 

Furthermore, the success of 2022 was led by the sale of off-plan properties in Dubai which showed a growth of 86% in comparison to the previous year. In 2022, off-plan transactions made up 44% of total transactions up from 40% in 2021 reaching AED 83 Billion. When it came to property types, apartments dominated the Dubai market in 2022 representing 85% of the transitions, with villas/townhouses representing the remaining 15%. 

popular communities to buy in dubai

Popular Communities in 2022

When it comes to communities to buy and invest in Dubai, the most popular ones that were most searched on the portal in 2022 are the following: 

Apartments

  • Dubai Marina 
  • Downtown Dubai 
  • Business Bay 
  • Palm Jumeirah 
  • Zabeel 
  • Mina Rashid
  • Wasl Gate 
  • Dubai Healthcare City 2

Villas & Townhouses 

  • Dubai Hills Estate 
  • Palm Jumeirah 
  • Arabian Ranches 
  • Arabian Ranches 2
  • DAMAC Hills (Akoya by DAMAC)
  • Mohamed bin Rashid
  • The Springs
  • Dubai Investment Park 
  • Golf City.

Download now the Property Finder Zeitgeist 2022 Report to get the highlights of the Dubai real estate market for the year 2022.

This Blog is made available for educational purposes only, in addition to providing you with general information and a general understanding of its content, including referenced laws and regulations, and not to provide specific legal advice. The Blog should not be used as a substitute for competent advice from a licensed professional.