True to its name, International City is a melting pot of diverse nationalities. The area, which has the capacity to house more than 60,000 people, was initiated as a wish to provide Dubai residents with affordable homes.
Many people shy away from renting apartments in International City because of its distance from other parts of Dubai, as well as some unpleasant rumours surrounding it. Propertyfinder.ae gives you 5 things you probably didn’t know about this diverse area.
1. Great food
International city has hundreds of restaurants offering various kinds of cuisine, and most restaurants and cafeterias offer home delivery.
2. Affordable housing in pleasantly finished apartments
The area has a capacity to house more than 60,000 people in different-sized apartments, all falling within the range of low to mid-income residents. What people don’t know is that most apartments in International City are in great condition, offering residents a comfortable home.
Apartments in International City starting from 36,000 AED (click to view!)
3. Easy transportation
Even though the nearest metro station is quite far from International City, the area does have many bus stations and bus routes to most parts of Dubai. The bus routes are as follows:
- X23 Dubai Gold Souk Bus: Dubai International City –> Ras Al Khor –> Oud Metha –> Dubai Gold Souk. Operates in a 10 to 15 minute frequency.
- 365 Rashidiya Metro Station Bus: Dubai International City –> Silicon Oasis –> Dubai Academic City –> Rashidiya Metro Station. Operates in a 25 to 30 minute frequency.
- 53 Dubai Gold Souk Bus: Dubai International City –> Al Badia –> Dubai Festival City –> Deira City Centre –> Dubai Gold Souk. Operates in a 25 to 30 minute frequency.
- 300 Dubai International City Intercity Bus: The bus rotates frequently between the International City Clusters.
4. Dragon Mart
International City is located next to the mega shopping centre Dragon Mart; the biggest Chinese retail store outside of China. Dragon Mart has hundreds of retailers selling everything from food to furniture.
5. Al Warsan Lake
The Warsan lake and its neighbouring site are an important habitat for water birds. It is home to 186 local and migratory species of bird. The lake offers residents a way to enjoy some peace and quiet to come back to after a long day at work.
Click our Area Guide section for the latest pieces on different residential areas in Dubai.