It’s 2013 and just when you think that Dubai is all out of tricks, our favorite city wins the honors of hosting World Expo 2020 (World Exhibition 2020 Dubai). This is no small achievement; the wheels were in motion to prepare for what is set to be the biggest event any of us has ever seen.
So what will happen in Expo 2020 exactly? Now that 2020 is here, we thought we’d help you put things into perspective. Here’s a breakdown of all the information about Expo 2020 you need to know.
What Is a World Expo?
A World Expo or World Exposition is a global exhibition that takes place in different countries around the world with the purpose of showcasing the latest breakthroughs in various fields.
What Is the History of Expo Events?
The very first Expo event took place in 1851 and was called “The Great Exhibition.”
We’ve gathered the History of Expo right here at propertyfinder.
What Is Expo 2020?
- Expo 2020 is the next World Expo event which will be hosted by Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE).
- This marks the very first time the exhibition is taking place in the Middle East, North Africa, and South Asia region (MENASA).
When Will Expo 2020 Take Place?
Expo 2020 opening date: October 1, 2021.
This is the new starting date for Expo 2020 Dubai after being delayed due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
When Will Expo 2020 End?
- Expo 2020 end date: March 31, 2022.
- The duration of Expo 2020 is 6 months.
What Are the Timings of Expo 2020?
- Weekdays: 10 am to 12 am.
- Weekends: 10 am to 2 am.
What Is the Total Area of the Expo 2020 Site?
The wonders of Expo 2020 are spread over a total area of 4.38 square kilometers (438 hectares).
Where Is Expo 2020 Located?
- Expo 2020 location: Expo Road, Dubai South district, Jebel Ali.
- 30 minutes from Al Maktoum International Airport.
- 40 minutes from Dubai International Airport.
What Are the Contact Details for Expo 2020 Main Office?
- Expo 2020 Contact number: (+971) 4 555 2020.
How Can You Reach the Expo 2020 Site?
- Car: There will be more than 30,000 parking spaces available.
- Metro: By the time the event kicks off, the new extension to the Dubai Metro line will be completed. This means you can easily access the site by riding the metro from the city.
- The new metro station is all set up to be the biggest one yet, with a capacity for 46,000 people per hour.
How Many People Are Expected to Visit Expo 2020?
- A whopping 25 million people will potentially attend Expo 2020, with just 30% from the UAE itself.
- This number will be a record which has never happened in any previous World Expo event.
Where Are Expo 2020 Tickets Sold?
- Tickets are sold on the official Expo 2020 website.
- Official resellers are available, such as VFS Global.
How Are Expo 2020 Ticket Prices Divided?
- 1-Day Pass: AED 120
- 3-Day Pass: AED 260
- Monthly Pass: AED 350
- Basic Season Pass (1 smart queue pre-booking): AED 595
- Premium Season Pass (pre-booking for high-demand attractions 7 days in advance, AED 200 vouchers and 50% off VIP circles for 2 concerts, 3 smart queue pre-bookings): AED 895
- Ultimate Season Pass (pre-booking of high-demand attractions 14 days in advance, AED 400 vouchers and 50% off VIP circles for 3 concerts, 5 smart queue pre-bookings, priority front gate fast-entry, 5 valet parking cards): AED 1,295.
Are There Any Offers on Prices?
Yes! Details are as follows:
- 50% off for all students
- Free access for people of determination plus half price for 1 companion
- Free access for kids up to 5 years of age
- Free access for adults 65 years of age and above
- 50% discount for youth (6-17 years of age).
How Many Countries Are Participating in Expo 2020?
- Another record for the UAE! Expo 2020 will see the participation of 192 countries.
- There will be more than 200 participants from these countries.
What Is the Theme of Expo 2020?
- Expo 2020 has quite a fitting theme that represents what Dubai is and always will be: “Connecting Minds, Creating the Future.”
- There are 3 sub-themes to Expo 2020: Opportunity, Mobility, and Sustainability.
- The countries participating in the event are divided over the main sub-themes, showcasing their very best innovations to impress the world.
What Are the Best Expo 2020 Pavilions You Cannot Miss?
Some pavilions are expected to truly stand out come Expo 2020. These are just some of our favorites:
We’ve gathered our top Expo 2020 Pavilions right here on propertyfinder.
What Are the Expo 2020 Events and Entertainment to Check Out?
- Live performances from famous stars, comedians, and world tours
- Global celebrations (UAE National Day, Christmas, New Year, Diwali)
- Digital theatre
- Dance routines
- Fashion shows
- Roaming entertainers
- Make-your-own-robot for kids
- Exercise-gaming activities for kids
- Inspiring talks
- Mindfulness sessions
- Extreme sports
- Cultural festivals from all over the world
- Global food stalls and restaurants (50+ cuisines and 300,000 meals per day)
- Theme-centric shopping outlets.
You can follow all the latest Expo 2020 updates on the official website.
What Is the Purpose of Expo 2020?
- Expo 2020 aims at celebrating culture, collaboration, and innovation in the heart of the UAE.
- Dubai hopes to leave an ever-lasting legacy through the Expo.
- Expo 2020 will take visitors on a unique journey to catch a glimpse of what the future holds.
What Is the Benefit of Expo 2020 to Dubai?
If you’re wondering what all the fuss is all about or why Expo 2020 is important, here’s why:
- In preparation for the most highly-anticipated event of the decade, Expo 2020 construction projects have provided many jobs in the market (905, 200 full-time equivalent job-years between 2013 and 2031 as per World Exposition 2020 website).
- There’s also a chance to be a vital part of history by applying for the various Expo 2020 Jobs in Dubai.
- You might be wondering what Expo 2020 will contribute to the economy of the UAE. You’ll be glad to know that the economy is thriving. It is expected to continue to do so during the event and beyond (AED 122.6 billion economic boost between 2013 and 2031 as per Expo 2020 website).
- There is a 1.5% Expo contribution to UAE GDP for the entire World Expo 2020 dates (from October 2020 to April 2021) as per the Expo 2020 website.
- The Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) sector has seen AED 4.7 billion spending since November 2013 as per the official Expo 2020 website.
- Dubai is already a magnet for tourists, and the World Expo is a major draw that will increase the number tremendously.
- There are many hotels opening up in Dubai this year in honor of the iconic event.
You can check the list of our favorite hotels opening in Dubai for Expo 2020 on propertyfinder.
- Most importantly, the real estate market is already in full force since the event was announced in preparation for both short-term and long-term visitors.
- More affordable housing projects are completed, with many more planned, to welcome the expected visitors for the event.
- A study by Colliers International showed that about 50% of Dubai’s households have an income between the range of AED 9,000 and AED 15,000. Affordable housing projects continue to take that into consideration.
Why Are Companies Participating in Expo 2020?
- An event as big as a World Expo represents unlimited partnership opportunities for businesses of every field.
- Investors and business leaders will come from around the world looking for the next big thing.
How Can You Become an Expo 2020 Volunteer?
Here’s your chance to give something back to the UAE and boast about it for your entire life. For a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, check out these 5 Easy Steps to Become a Volunteer at Expo 2020.
What Will Happen After Expo 2020?
It’s interesting to try and envision what might become of Dubai and the extravagant Expo site. Don’t think that Dubai hasn’t prepared an Expo 2020 legacy plan!
What Are the Health Safety Measures to Be Taken During Expo 2020?
At Expo 2020, your safety is a number one priority so all the proper preparations are made with the help and cooperation of the Emirates Health authorities to ensure your safety.
Here are the safety and health precautions during Expo 2020:
- Emergency and Aid Center is available inside Expo 2020 venue
- Hand sanitizer units in every spot
- Gyms, leisure units are closed
- Social distancing measurements
- Thermal cameras installation
- Remotely working staff, except the essential teams
- Briefing and awareness sessions for the workers, service providers, and contractors are currently being held.
Don’t miss the health instructions to stay safe and enjoy such a huge event!
Here’s everything you need to know about what to expect from Dubai After Expo 2020 on propertyfinder. Will Expo 2020 be successful? It’s looking good!
So, there you have it! Now you’re the expert. Are you as excited as we are?