Are you planning to move to the United Arab Emirates (UAE)? If so, you’re likely wondering how to get residence visa in UAE and Emirates ID sorted out. Getting them can seem daunting if you’re unfamiliar with the process, but don’t worry; this step-by-step guide will help you get everything quickly and easily to start your new life in the UAE.
1. What Are the Types of Residency Visas in UAE?
There are different types of residency visas in the UAE; unlike short-stay visa options such as tourist visas, residence visas are typically valid for between 2 and 3 years; however, they can be extended up to 10 years through renewals.
Besides, you should first know the difference between them and decide which type of residency visa you need accordingly. Check below the types of residency visas in UAE with more details:
- Golden Visa: This type is granted to investors who contribute at least AED 10 million to the UAE economy, which can be in the form of real estate purchases or business investments.
- UAE Company Investor Visa: It’s a general residence permit that can be used by owners of start-up companies in the UAE or hold shares in one.
- Property Investor Visa: It’s available to those who wish to invest in real estate or buy property in the UAE. It requires a minimum investment of AED 5 million.
- UAE Retirement Visa: The retirement visa is granted to individuals over 55 years old who are able to support themselves financially without working in the UAE. They must have an investment in a real estate property that’s worth AED 2 million or savings in the amount of AED 1 million or more.
- UAE Employment Visa: This one suits you if you who have a job in the UAE and a valid contract with an employer who holds an Emirati company license or has been licensed by an Emirati authority.
- UAE Student Visa: This visa is issued for foreign nationals who have been accepted into any of the educational institutions in the country.
2. What Are the Documents You Need to Get Residency Visa in the UAE?
There is a number of documents you should submit while applying for a UAE Residency visa. You can check them below:
- The UAE visa application form
- Your passport
- Two passport-size pictures
- Entry visa
- Proof of sponsor’s legal residency
- Proof of financial statements
- A medical fitness test
- Health insurance approved by DHA
- Birth/marriage certificates when applying for family visas
- For a work visa, the sponsor must submit
- Copy of the work contract
- The work contract
- A copy of the firm’s trade license
- Copy of the firm card
- Documents relevant to your travel purpose
3. How Much Is the Fee for Getting a Residency Visa in UAE?
The Fee can vary depending on the visa type and where you apply, but generally, the longer your visa, the higher its cost is. Find below the UAE residence visa fees in detail:
- Visa fee: AED 100 (for one year)
- Processing and applications fee
- AED 70 (offline)
- AED 40 (online)
- Medical exam and health insurance fees: it varies according to the type of visa and location of the application.
4. How Can You Get a Residency Visa in UAE?
You can get the residency visa through a few steps, as it’s an effortless process.
- Firstly, your sponsor should apply for an entry permit in order to enter the country.
- Secondly, once it’s issued and you’re in the UAE, they should apply for your residency visa at the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship. (ICP)
- You should submit your documents and pay the fee; then your application will be processed
- If your application is approved, they will affix the residency to your passport.
This process can be done online or offline as the ICP offers both; here are the available options,
- ICP official website
- ICP mobile app
- Printing offices (according to the emirates you’re staying in)
Once you have your residency visa on your passport, you are eligible to apply for an Emirates ID card.
5. What Is the Entry Permit and Where Can it Be Issued?
The entry permit is a document that gives you permission to stay within the UAE for a limited period to finalize your residency procedures. It should be issued by your sponsor. However, some nationalities don’t need an entry permit as they can get visas upon arrival, like GCC residents.
The entry permit can be issued online or offline through the following channels:
- The e-Channels portal
- The website of GDRFA – Dubai
- The ICP App ( Google Play and App Store)
- Dubai Now (Google Play and App Store)
- The licensed typing centers in the emirate
6. How Can You Get Residency Visa in Dubai?
Getting a Residency visa in Dubai is a simple and straightforward process as it has the same steps as the other UAE emirates. Besides, the needed documents are the same as the ones mentioned above.
How Can You Get a New Emirates ID?
Having an Emirates ID is an essential step once you move to the country and get your visa. It’s simply an identification card that gives you access to almost all the services in the UAE.
To know more about how to get your ID, whether you are eligible or not, and how much it costs, just check this inclusive guide about Emirates ID on Property Finder.
With this detailed guide, we hope all your questions are answered and the ambiguity about the process of getting the residency visa and Emirates ID is removed.