Are you willing to catch a glimpse of the future? In pure Dubai fashion, an exceptionally unique project that is already making headlines will open its doors soon.
The Museum of the Future in Dubai is unlike any other museum where you reminisce over the past; it will take you on a journey to envision the future.
A flawless design and an innovative outlook are just the tip of the iceberg. Here’s everything you need to know:
The Museum of the Future is located strategically in Trade Centre 2 right on the edge of DIFC, Dubai.
The stunning museum in Dubai on Sheikh Zayed Road is unmissable, sitting next to Emirates Towers with their metro station being the nearest one.
The next-generation museum in Dubai is a new project and concept in the region. It will explore futuristic innovations to discover breakthrough technologies.
It is a place that invites you to be a part of shaping the future of Dubai and the world. The Museum of the Future will be a central hub where innovators and entrepreneurs create and share their ideas.
It is first and foremost a place of learning, where you can attend various workshops and attend exhibitions to know more about future science and technology.
The Museum of the Future features a design that’s leaving everyone in awe. Software and architecture giant Autodesk already called it “the most intricate building in the world.” Here’s why.
The exterior of the museum is an inspiration from the “Feng Shui,” where a representation of the Earth and sky surrounds the unknown (the hollow space in the middle).
It is about 17,000 sqm in size and features beautiful Arabic calligraphy all over it. At night, it lights up with LED solar-powered bulbs.
You might be wondering what is written on the Museum of the Future or whether it’s random calligraphy. For a building so detailed, it is never random!
The letters are quotes from Sheikh Mohamed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, translating to:
- “We may not live for hundreds of years, but the products of our creativity can leave a legacy long after we are gone.”
- “The future belongs to those who can imagine it, design it, and execute it. The future does not wait.The future can be designed and built today.”
The structure of the Museum of the Future is nothing but impressive, and now that it’s there, it’s a huge part of Dubai’s iconic architecture.
Experience the Future
The interior of the Museum of the Future will be divided into sections for different themes. Each theme has its own floor:
- The first floor will explore exhibitions that focus on outer space and its potential in the future—resources, ecosystems, health and safety, and bioengineering.
- The second floor will be dedicated to future technology with the goal to change the world as we know it in areas such as food, energy, water, and transportation.
- The third floor will be for future leaders—the kids. Various challenges and exercises will be waiting for them to prepare them to be heroes in the future.
The Museum of the Future is designed by architect Shaun Killa of Killa Designs, with the calligraphy on the outside designed by Emirati calligrapher Matter bin Lahej.
BAM International is the contractor for Museum of the Future, using the latest 3D Modelling technology to bring it to life.
The Museum of the Future in Dubai will open on February 22, 2022.
- The entry fee is AED 145/person. (Kids under 3 years have free entry)
10 am – 6 pm daily
The future is here! It’s time to be a part of it. The cultural attraction, along with Expo 2020 in Dubai, will pave the road for a bright future ahead.