With summer already at our doors, it’s that time of year where everybody is searching for things to do indoors. Wanting to escape the summer heat doesn’t mean you cannot have fun in Abu Dhabi.
That’s why we gathered this exclusive list of the very best indoor activities in Abu Dhabi so you can take note and enjoy your time to the max.
1. Find Wonder at the Louvre
The Louvre Abu Dhabi is a mesmerizing feat of architecture on the outside, no doubt; however, inside the iconic museum is where the experience truly is.
You can escape the summer heat by putting your culture-hungry cap on and gaze in wonder at what it has to offer. The Louvre currently has an impressive permanent collection from past and present on display to admire.
Furthermore, there are interesting events and exhibitions that take place quite regularly for you to check out as well, not to mention a children’s museum for the little ones.
The Louvre Abu Dhabi is located on the lovely Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi.
- Take in the beauty of the many galleries at the Louvre with about 600 pieces on display
- Check out the exhibitions available
- Take the kids to explore the children’s museum
- Join exclusive workshops and masterclasses like drawing at the museum
- Attend inspiring talks
- Watch family film screenings
- Attend a yoga class under the dome of the Louvre
- Enjoy a cup of coffee at the museum’s cafe and art lounge
- Shop for unique souvenirs.
- Adults: AED 60/person
- Seniors above 65 years old: AED 30/person
- Young adults (13 to 22 years of age): AED 30/person
- Kids under 13 years old: Free of charge.
- Tuesday to Sunday: 10 am to 6:30 pm
- Mondays are off.
+971 600 56 55 66
2. Give Bowling a Try at Khalifa International Bowling Centre
If you’re looking for fun things to do indoors in Abu Dhabi, then you cannot miss this amazing place. For those who always wanted to try bowling, or anyone who already enjoys it, head over to Khalifa International Bowling Centre this summer.
The complex is quite impressive and spacious, with a total of 40 lanes with state-of-the-art alleys. It is the biggest one in the capital!
It’s the perfect place for a family summer afternoon in Abu Dhabi. You will immensely enjoy the remaining facilities as well such as the video games and bumper cars! After you’re done head to one of the restaurants on site for a delicious meal.
The bowling centre is located at Zayed Sports City on Airport Rd, Al Rawdah W57, Abu Dhabi.
- Start a bowling tournament with your family and friends
- Take them on in a race of bumper cars
- Play video games at the arcade
- Win in a game of table tennis
- Try a billiards game
- Enjoy a meal together.
Entry price for the venue is AED 110/person.
The complex is open everyday from 12 pm to 12 am.
+971 (0)2 403 4200
3. Tour the Majestic Qasr Al Watan
Qasr Al Watan is the presidential palace of Abu Dhabi; the sight of it alone from the outside is enough to make you stare in awe. But did you know you could take a peek inside?
Touring Qasr Al Watan, which translates to the castle of the nation, is definitely one of the best indoor activities for adults in Abu Dhabi. The palace offers a unique look into the culture of the UAE.
You will get lost in the beauty of the Arabian designs and the mesmerizing zones within, including a grand library straight out of a fairytale holding about 50,000 books.
The palace is located at Ras Al Akhdar in the heart of Abu Dhabi.
- Learn about the UAE culture
- Get lost in an Arabian dream
- Discover the library of the palace
- Find out about presidential gifts and their protocols
- Tour the meeting place of the UAE Cabinet and Federal Supreme Council
- Create a memorable photo at the palace’s media room
- Ponder at the elegance and intricate craftsmanship at the Great Hall
- Grab a snack at Legma cafe on site
- Buy exclusive souvenirs.
- Adults Season Pass (expires December 31, 2021): AED 60/person
- Juniors Season Pass (expires December 31, 2021): AED 30/person
- One day entry ticket (date change available): AED 60/adult and AED 30/child.
- Saturday to Wednesday: 10 am to 6 pm
- Thursday to Saturday: 12 pm to 9 pm.
+971 600 544442
4. Experience an Adrenaline Rush at CLYMB
Have you ever tried indoor skydiving in Abu Dhabi? Well, we’re here to tell you that an amazing adventure awaits you at CLYMB this summer. The iconic venue is home to the largest indoor skydiving flight chamber on the planet!
Take a leap of faith and jump into this 32 ft wide, 104 ft long chamber; you won’t be forgetting the feeling anytime soon!
That’s not all! The adventure hub offers indoor climbing in its Abu Dhabi branch too. So, make a day out of it and we guarantee you’ll be back for more in no time.
CLYMB is located at Yas Drive St. on Yas Island, Abu Dhabi.
- Tick off indoor skydiving from your bucket list
- Enjoy indoor climbing with the family
- Enroll the little ones in the junior flying club for the summer.
These are the ticket prices and packages for indoor skydiving:
- Junior flying club (20 flights and personalized coaching lessons): AED 1999/kid
- First time flyer (training pre-flight): AED 235/person
For indoor climbing, check these prices:
- 10-day pass: AED 740/person
- Half-day pass: AED 100/person
- 3-month pass: AED 1080/person.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: 1 pm to 9 pm
- Wednesdays: 1 pm to 4:30 pm and ladies only from 5 pm to 9 pm
- Fridays and Saturdays: 12 pm to 9 pm.
+971 600 511115
5. Encounter a Mighty Owl at Abu Dhabi’s Owl Cafe
If you’ve always wondered what it would be like to meet an owl in person, here’s your chance. There are nine owls living at Boomah Cafe (Owl Cafe) and with a simple ticket price you can meet them closely with the supervision of their trainer.
Owls are known to be very wise creatures and you can’t deny they have a sense of presence about them that makes them intriguing. That’s not forgetting how cute they are!
This one activity is definitely a unique one you can try this summer when you’re looking for indoor places to visit in Abu Dhabi.
The cafe is located in the Khalifa Park area in Abu Dhabi.
- Sip on your coffee with an owl by your side
- Take many instagrammable pictures
- Enjoy a unique experience.
For AED 70 you can get close to the owl and even hold it, while the trainer explains interesting facts about the nocturnal wonders.
Everyday from 2 pm to 10 pm.
+971 (0)2 441 9041
6. Make the Kids Happy at Adventure Zone
The kids are quite active during the summer, so you have to take them where they can release their energy. Trust us when we tell you that the best indoor playing area in Abu Dhabi is Adventure Zone by Adventure HQ.
They have a range of interesting activities for the little ones such as ropes courses and a skate park, among others. You’ll get bonus points with them for this one.
Adventure Zone is located at Dalma Mall at Al Wazn St., Abu Dhabi.
The kids can enjoy playing at the following thrilling facilities:
- Climbing pinnacle
- High and low ropes
- Trampoline park
- Skate park
- Themed funwalls
- Ninja course
- Soft play area.
- 30-minute session: AED 70
- 60-minute session: AED 95
- 120-minute session: AED 140
- All-day pass: AED 199
- Multi-pass (ten 60-minute sessions usable by two kids): AED 600
- 1 month membership: AED 799
- 1 month membership for sibling: AED 199
- 3 months membership: AED 1200
- 3 months membership for sibling: AED 299
- 120-minute group session: AED 125/kid.
- Saturday to Wednesday: 12 pm to 9 pm
- Thursday and Friday: 11 am to 9 pm.
+971 800 23847
7. Develop the Kids’ Summer Reading at Abu Dhabi Children’s Library
If you’re looking to keep the kids occupied this summer with something useful and fun, this is the place to be. The library has a vast variety of books for the little ones to enjoy in a friendly setting.
Additionally, there are many activities, courses, and workshops to take part in. The library is quite impressive with areas such as creature space, book mountain, and studio space. It’s the best place to boost creativity.
It is located at Rashid Bin Saeed St. in Al Hosn, Abu Dhabi.
- Read many amazing books
- Explore workshops and classes
- Create films
- Make new friends
- Borrow books to read at home
Entrance is free of charge.
- Sunday, Monday, and Thursday: 10 am to 7 pm
- Friday: 2 pm to 7 pm
- Saturday: 12 pm to 7 pm
- Tuesday and Wednesday: Off
+971 (0)2 697 6803
The heat shouldn’t be an excuse to just stay home; plan your days right from this list of best indoor activities in Abu Dhabi and you will have a really good time.