The best thing about a weekend is that it’s like a little breeze of fun to start a new week in the sense that it’s short, but enough to refresh. Even though spending the weekend watching TV at home sounds like paradise, going out and getting active beats that.
Our mini gift to you is a list of some of the most fun weekend trips from Abu Dhabi. Leave the hard work to the article; you just pack your stuff and get your adventurous spirit ready!
1. Meliá Desert Palm
Explore a new side to Dubai where modern life luxuries mix with desert simplicity to create a brilliant, unforgettable experience. This 5-star hotel and resort is an ultimate destination if you want to try something new and exciting.
It is located on Al Awir Road, across from Dubai Park.
There are so many mind-blowing activities to be done there, so buckle up because it’s time for wild fun!
- Lose yourself at Samana Spa and let the professionals take care of cleansing your body
- Choose between having your meals in your room, suite, or villa, or eat at the restaurants available
- Take horse riding classes whatever your riding level is. Experts though can play polo already.
Prices per night start from about AED 710.
2. Bulgari Resort Dubai
If you don’t know how kings and queens feel when they do almost nothing but relax, chill, then relax some more, now is the time. Bulgari Resort is so fancy, it will feel awkward doing things like walk in the streets or work.
It is located in Jumeirah Bay Island, Jumeirah 2, Dubai.
No activities for you, being royal and all. Ok, that’s a joke since there are so many amazing things to make your weekend a little heavenly break.
- Enjoy a private room or villa with a private pool
- Try the finger-licking food served at the restaurants there
- Go to the yacht club there, get on a boat, and experience luxury on a whole new level
- Visit Dubai’s International Business Center and enjoy the exclusive facilities offered to hotel guests
- Book a desert safari from the hotel and have a little adventure in the wild desert life
- Have a refreshing drink at the pool while you take a break from the awesome water
- Relax your whole body at the spa
- Start getting those six-packs back at the fitness center and the gym there.
Prices per night start from about AED 1,650.
3. Dukes The Palm, a Royal Hideaway Hotel
It’s time for a weekend of ultimate peace and fun. Dukes The Palm is where you need to go for one hell of a weekend. There is nothing less than mind-blowing awesomeness waiting for you there, starting from the first “welcome” till the moment you check out. Don’t keep the hotel waiting for you!
It is located in The Palm Jumeirah, Dubai.
Your perfect weekend is not-so-patiently waiting for you to be there.
- Swim, sunbathe, or just listen to music at peace
- Have a blast at the hotel’s private beach
- Taste a variety of mouth-watering dishes at the variety of restaurants available there.
Prices per night start from AED 400.
4. Jumeirah Zabeel Saray
For this weekend, how about traveling back in time to Ottoman Turkey while enjoying modern facilities? Also, not really leave the UAE? The answer is Jumeirah Zabeel Saray. The whole place setting is Ottoman themed with the decorations, the rooms, and everything.
It is located on West Crescent Road, The Palm Jumeirah.
Indulge in the magnificent mix of authentic eastern decoration and modern luxuries at this beautiful, unique place.
- Stretch, relax, and enjoy a fresh drink while having perfect sea fun
- Get that therapeutic massage or try a new way of relaxation and detoxing at the spa
- Eat the delicious eastern dishes at the restaurants there
- Take a tour around the Palm Jumeirah
Prices per night start from AED 648.
Fairmont Fujairah Beach Resort
Located on the gorgeous Dibba island, Fairmont Fujairah Beach Resort is the perfect place to spend a weekend that is both relaxing and super fun! Get treated like royalty and spend an amazing vacation there!
It is located in Mina Al Fajer, Fujairah.
The perfect weekend is waiting for you there. All you need to do is just check-in.
- Grab a fresh drink and chill at the beach or the swimming pool
- Work on your fitness at the hotel gym
- Bounce on inflatable obstacles in the water; just try not to fall
- Give in to the delicious food served at the hotel restaurants.
Prices per night start from AED 600.
Ras Al Khaimah
1. Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah
Waldorf Astoria is a beautiful place on the waterfront where the staff provides excellent service. The hotel offers many activities, and you can have your own little party in your hotel room. Waldorf Astoria is perfect for long or short breaks in the UAE.
It is located on Vienna Street, Ras Al Khaimah.
Get a chance to travel from Abu Dhabi, but not too far at all, and have a perfect weekend.
- Play watersports at the beach
- Try out different cuisines prepared by world-class chefs
- Play golf at the golf club
- Get pampered at their excellent spa.
Prices per night start from AED 950.
2. DoubleTree by Hilton Resort & Spa Marjan Island
If you want to enjoy your weekend with your family, this is the place for you! Single? You will still have the best time ever! Double Tree is simply AWESOME! Are you there already?
It is located at Marjan Island Boulevard, Ras Al Khaimah.
The question is what can’t you do there? Probably many things, but most fun stuff can be done there.
- Relax at the spa
- Go shopping at Al Hamra Mall
- Play some ball: volleyball, football, tennis, and way more
- Get fit at the fitness room
- Have a great time at the sea
- Play watersports.
Prices per night start from AED 365.
3. The Ritz-Carlton Ras Al Khaimah, Al Wadi Desert
This is a 5-star charming hotel where you will enjoy a beautiful stay at Ras Al Khaimah desert without suffering the hardships of the sand and heat. Bask in the beautiful view of the desert in a luxurious hotel room.
It is located in Al Mazraa, Wadi Desert, Ras Al Khaimah.
Have all the fun the desert has to offer while you’re perfectly comfortable at the resort.
- Ride horses; no matter what your age or your riding level is, you can ride a horse that suits your abilities
- Treat yourself at the spa
- Go bird watching
- Walk in the desert at night and enjoy its beauty.
Prices per night start from AED 1,339.
1. BAHI Ajman Palace Hotel
One of the best ways to spend a weekend is to happily chill at a private beach at a 5-star hotel. Add to this a gorgeous place like Ajman, and the picture is complete.
Bahi Ajman Palace Hotel offers you a mixture of Arab hospitality and International hotel standards, perfection really.
It is located on Sheikh Humaid Bin Rashid Al Nuaimi Street, Ajman.
Bahi Ajman Palace Hotel promises you a weekend that will get you ready for many weeks of work.
- Go on a safari in the beautiful sands of Ajman
- Visit the Fish Market and experience what sailors do
- Play golf and the charming Al Zora Golf Club.
Prices per night start from about AED 250.
2. Ajman Saray, a Luxury Collection Resort
Give yourself a well-deserved treat and spend the weekend at Ajman Saray, a gorgeous hotel at the breathtaking beach in Ajman. The rooms are beautifully furnished and the hotel overlooks the stunning Ajman beach.
It is located on Sheikh Humaid Bin Rashid Al Nuaimi Street, Ajman.
Give yourself one awesome weekend at Ajman Saray, because you totally earned it.
- Sunbathe on the beach and get that glamorous bronze skin
- Dip in the cool water and feel that heavenly relief from the heat
- Visit the Ajman Museum and learn more about its culture
- Shop at the Gold Souq nearby
- Indulge your taste buds at the amazing restaurants available where you can try a wide variety of delicious dishes
- Workout your rusted muscles at the gym
- Warm-up your body and relax at the spa.
Prices per night start from AED 323.
Danat Jebel Dhanna Resort
Danet Jebel Dhanna is one of the perfect weekend getaways near Abu Dhabi. Whether you book a room, chalet, or villa, you will have an unforgettable weekend filled with fun and relaxation.
It is located in Danat Jebel, Ruwais.
Chilling and fun are what you will definitely find at Danat Jebel Dhanna Resort.
- Heal your body and soul at the Body & Soul Recreation Club
- Get your body moving at the fitness center
- Have a blast playing beach and watersports
- Dive in the swimming pool and chill.
Prices per night start from about AED 350.
Wherever you decide to spend your weekend, make sure it’s a marvelous one for a weekend to remember.