Summer is here, and the heat could be quite unbearable this time of year. However, this doesn’t mean you have to spend the season inside, stuck at home with absolutely nothing to do!
If you want to stay entertained while avoiding the heat, we’ll help you discover the best indoor places and activities in Dubai.
Plotting an Escape from Phobia Dubai
We all need some thrill in our lives, and escape rooms do just that. Being stuck in a room with few hints on how to escape will help bring out the genius in you.
Whether you want to battle some wizards or be the star of an “Impossible Mission,” Phobia Dubai will provide you with an out-of-this-world experience. Moreover, if you’re looking for some unique indoor team-building activities in Dubai, then this is the place to be.
- Location: Jumeirah Lake Towers
- Opening Hours: 11 am – 12 am
- Prices: Start from AED 115 per player
Other Escape Rooms in Dubai
- Brain Game
- The Escape Room
- Countdown Challenge
Who doesn’t like challenging their friends in a good race? This is one of the best indoor activities in Dubai for both adults and kids, and there are a couple of places where you can enjoy it.
- Location: Motor City, Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Road
- Working Hours: 7 pm – 11 pm
- Prices start from AED 137 per 15 minutes session.
- Location: The Dubai Mall Zabeel, the rooftop on the 9th floor
- Working Hours: 4 pm – 10 pm (weekdays), 4 pm – 12 am (weekends)
- Prices: Start from AED 99.
Enjoying La Perle Show
Do you want to spend a classy evening with a loved one? Then you should definitely book your ticket to watch La Perle, the dream-like show which will leave you mesmerized.
This show tells the story of a girl lost in a dream, who travels through the UAE in search of a pearl. The story is told using amazing techniques, including performances, technology, music, and imagery.
- Location: Al Habtoor City, 260 Sheikh Zayed Road
- Show Times: From Tuesday – Saturday, 06:30 pm & 09:30 pm
- Prices: Start from AED 250
Watching Fabolous Shows at the Opera
No matter what kind of art shows you prefer, Dubai Opera has it all. Whether it’s a ballet, a musical, or a comedy show, it’s definitely worth your time.
So if you want to enjoy your time at one of the major indoor attractions in Dubai, go to the Opera’s website to book your tickets now.
- Location: Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Blvd, Downtown Dubai
- Opening Hours: The box office is open daily, from 11 am to 8 pm.
- Prices: Start from AED 100
Marveling at the Art in Alserkal Avenue
Would you like to spend a night admiring some artwork? Or maybe visiting a shoe factory or a jewelry workshop? You can find it all at Alserkal Avenue.
An open-air district with many indoor galleries and warehouses, this place is a creative hub that hosts the work of many global and local artists. There you’ll find a unique fusion of visual art, music, fashion, food, and cultural events.
So whenever you’re looking for some amazing free indoor activities in Dubai, just head there and enjoy your time to the max!
- Location: 17th Street, Al Quoz district
- Opening Hours: 10 am – 7 pm
Visiting the Museum of Illusions
Are you looking to have some extraordinary time with friends and family? Then the Museum of Illusions is the place to be, where your eyes might be tricked, but your mind will certainly be amused!
There you will find people shrinking into dwarfs or growing into giants, while others have their friend’s head on a plate! You’ll also watch your reflection in an infinite space of mirrors, and enjoy many more tricks.
So, if you ever find yourself wondering what to do indoors in Dubai, just head there to have an outstanding time.
- Location: Al Seef, Heritage Area, Building no.17
- Opening Hours: 10 am – 10 pm on weekdays, 10 am – 12 pm on weekend
- Prices: AED 80 for adults and AED 50 for children
Having Fun at Dubai IMG Indoor Adventure Park
Imagine having endless fun in a temperature-controlled amusement park! That’s right; IMG Dubai is the largest indoor amusement park in the world.
IMG has different zones that will keep you entertained throughout the day. The Lost Valley of Dinosaurs, Cartoon Network, and Marvel zones have some of the best indoor games in Dubai.
- Location: Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road, City of Arabia, Dubai.
- Opening Hours: 12 – 8 pm
- Prices: Start from AED 225.
Escaping Reality at VR Park
Have you ever dreamed of flying your own plane? Or maybe going on a space mission to save the universe? What about driving a race car with your family?
These aren’t dreams anymore! You can enjoy these experiences, and more, in the world’s ultimate virtual reality park.
- Location: The Dubai Mall, on Financial Center Road, Downtown Dubai.
- Opening Hours: 12 pm – 10 pm on weekdays, 10 am -12 am on weekends
- Prices: Start from AED 70
Watching Some Movies
What’s better for beating the heat than enjoying a good movie with a big bucket of popcorn? Lucky for you, Dubai has some of the best cinemas in the region that will provide you with an unforgettable experience.
Top Cinemas in Dubai
- Location: Warehouse 68, AlSerkal Avenue, Al Quoz industrial district
- Prices: Start from AED 57
- Location: Level 2, The Dubai Mall
- Prices: Start from AED 37
- Location: Level 2, Mall of Emirates, Sheikh Zayed Rd
- Prices: Start from AED 40
Shopping till Dropping
Dubai is known to be the main shopping center in the Middle East; that’s why you can’t go there without exploring the famous malls. This should surely be on your list for the indoor places to visit in Dubai for free.
The Dubai Mall
- Location: Financial Center Road – Downtown Dubai
- Opening Hours: 10 am – 12 pm
Dubai Festival City Mall
- Location: Dubai Festival City
- Opening Hours: 10 am – 12 pm
Mall of the Emirates
- Location: Interchange 4, Sheikh Zayed Road, Al Barsha 1
- Opening Hours: 10 am – 12 pm
Dubai Marina Mall
- Location: Sheikh Zayed Road, Al Marsa Street, Dubai Marina
- Opening Hours: 10 am – 11 pm
Sliding on Ice at Ski Dubai
Now let’s get real; if you want something that would definitely help you keep cool in the summer, then you should try skiing at one of the most famous freezing spots in Dubai.
Not only skiing! At Ski Dubai, you can also try building your own snowman, climbing towers, or riding the Mountain Thriller, which lifts you to 150 meters at a speed of 40k/h.
With snow everywhere and some penguins to spare, this place has some of the best indoor things to do in Dubai for adults and kids.
- Location: Mall of the Emirates, Sheikh Zayed Road, Al Barsha, Dubai.
- Opening Hours: 10 am – 11 pm on weekdays, 9 am – 12 am on weekends
- Prices: Start from AED 180
Hugging Some Dolphins at Dubai Dolphinarium
Dolphins are the most friendly, intelligent marine mammals. Just watching them play joyfully can make anyone’s day. But that’s not all!
At Dubai Dolphinarium, you and your little ones can swim with the dolphins, enjoy a seal show, and watch some exotic birds. So head there and enjoy some of the top indoor activities in Dubai for families.
- Location: Inside the Creek Park, Riyadh Street, Dubai.
- Opening Hours: 10 am – 7:30 pm
- Prices: Start from AED 50.
Releasing Some Energy at The Smash Room
Have you ever felt like breaking a few dishes or slamming your mobile against the wall? Now there is a better way to let go of what’s stressing you, and that’s The Smash Room.
There you could enjoy shattering, breaking, and smashing glasses and electronics. You could also shout at the top of your lungs without bothering anyone!
- Location: 95 Umm Suqeim Street. Al Quoz Industrial area 4, Dubai.
- Opening Hours: 12:30 pm – 10 pm
- Prices: Start from AED 99.
Capturing the Moment at the Selfie Kingdom
Need some instagrammable moments? No worries, you can find this, and more, at the Selfie Kingdom. Just take your mobile phone and friends, and get those filters ready.
Every room there comes with creative props and backgrounds. So you could take some photos as a king sitting on a huge throne, or a wealthy man in a tub full of money.
In addition to that, the place provides each room with a self-controlled mobile pod, making it easier for you to capture the perfect selfie.
- Location: Office 101, Daytona House, Motor City, Dubai.
- Opening Hours: 1 pm – 11 pm.
- Prices: Start from AED 65
Beating the Heat at Splash Island Waterpark
Having a swim and enjoying the water is a great way to spend a summer day. But do you know what’s even better? Playing in an indoor waterpark in Dubai!
Splash Island is a temperature-controlled aqua park, full of slides, waterfalls, and loads of fun indoor activities for your toddlers and little ones.
- Location: Blue Wave Club Dubai, 16b Al Quoz 3
- Opening Hours: 9 am – 9 pm on weekdays, 9 am – 10 pm on weekends
- Prices: Start from AED 50
Keeping the Kids Happy at Kidzania
Your little ones should enjoy their vacation to the max, even when it’s 45 degrees outside. One way to do this is to let them spend a day at Kidzania Dubai, where there are many amazing indoor kids activities.
This place lets your kids experiment with different jobs and occupations. It allows them to learn in a fun and engaging way.
- Location: Level 2, The Dubai Mall, Downtown Dubai
- Opening Hours: 12 pm – 9 pm on weekdays, 12 pm – 10 pm on weekends
- Prices: Start from AED 110
Now that we have shown you the top indoor activities in Dubai during summer, what are you waiting for? Get your family and friends ready for some great adventures.