It’s non-negotiable that Dubai is one of the most sought-after destinations in the world for high living standards. Top businessmen worldwide seek better investment opportunities there.
The happy news is that you can enjoy living in Dubai through getting an investment visa. This article includes all the details you need to know about investment in Dubai to relish a matchless stay
1. What Is an Investment Visa in Dubai?
The investment visa is one of the visa types in Dubai for those who want to have their business in Dubai’s mainland or in one of its free zones. It’s also known as a partner visa.
Besides, there are different ways of investing in Dubai in order to get this visa.
2. Does the Investment Visa Differ from an Emirate to Another?
Yes, it does. The process and regulations of the investment visa in the UAE may differ from one emirate to another.
3. How Can You Get an Investment Visa in Dubai?
There are four ways to get the investment visa. Here are the various ways to get the investment visa in Dubai as an investor:
1. Investing in a Property. You can get the investment visa in Dubai when you invest in a property; here are the rules and conditions that should be met:
- If you will buy a property on your own, its value should be at least AED 1 million and max 50% under mortgage.
- In case you bought a property in partnership, then the minimum share of each individual should be AED 1 million
- It should be a residential property, not a commercial one
- You can’t apply for this visa if you will invest in an off-plan property; it should be a free hold one.
You can check the properties for sale in Dubai on Property Finder to start your investment.
2. Investing in a Company. This one is for those who want to open or invest in a business in Dubai’s mainland or its free zones. It’s also known as Dubai’s 3-year investor visa.
You can get the investment visa in Dubai in case you’ll start a company with a minimum capital of AED 72,000 or have a share in a company with the same amount.
For those who have their companies in the free zone areas in Dubai, they don’t need local partners. Not just that, they’re free from taxes and have complete ownership of their business.
However, the process of getting the visa might differ according to various factors like the location of the free zone and the type of the business.
3. Applying for a Retirement Visa. If you’ve been investing in Dubai and your age is above 55 years old, then you’re eligible for the investment visa in Dubai.
You can get the retirement visa when you invest in a residential property with a minimum value of AED 2 million.
You can know more details about the Retirement Visa on Property Finder.
4. Applying for a Golden Visa. This category gives the investors a 5 year or 10 year long stay if they meet the conditions. However, as an investor, in order to get a Dubai investment visa there’s a minimum amount of funds you should have to be eligible.
You have to meet any of the below requirements if you’re wondering how to get a 10-year investment visa in Dubai.
- You should have funded an investment inside Dubai with minimum amount AED 10 million
- You have your company with a capital investment with minimum amount AED 10 million
- You have a partnership in an existing company where your share reaches at least AED 10 million
- You have a total investment that reaches AED 10 million in all the above mentioned areas.
On the other hand, you are eligible for the 5-year investment visa in case you’re investing in a property that’s worth no less than AED 5 million. It’s also known as the 5-year Golden Visa.
Those conditions are a must for both getting the 5-year and 10-year Golden Visa:
- You should be able keep your business for three years
- You should have a total ownership of your investment amount
- If you’re investing in real estate, it shouldn’t be through loans
You can also get it if you’re an entrepreneur and have a current project with a capital amount of at least AED 500,000. You will enjoy the lavish long stay as an investor with the new rules of this visa in Dubai.
4. How Long Is the Validity of the Investment Visa in Dubai?
The validity of the investment visa depends on how you got it. Here are the cases with their ranging visa durations:
- Through a property: 3 to 5 years long (depending on the property value)
- Invested in a company: 3 years
- Golden Visa: 5 to 10 years (depending on the amount of the investment)
- Retirement: 5 years (renewable).
5. What Are the Needed Documents to Apply for an Investment Visa in Dubai?
There are some documents that you should prepare to apply for the investment visa in Dubai; however, they differ from one category to another. Check them below:
Through Investment in a Company
- Copy of your passport
- Personal picture with white background
- License of Trade
- A statement from the bank for the last 3 months
- The contract of partnership between you and the local sponsor
- Immigration Establishment Card
- Memorandum of Association (shows that your company’s capital amounts AED 72,000) .
Through a Property/Golden Visa
- Title deed for the property
- Copy of the passport
- Copy of your current visa status
- 6 passport photos
- A good conduct certificate
- Statement from the bank
- Health insurance
- Utility bill.
- Copy of your current UAE visa
- Copy of your Emirates ID
- Copy of your marriage certificate (in case you will sponsor your husband/wife)
- Copy of your passport
- A Copy of your title deed.
6. What Are the Benefits of the Investment Visa in Dubai?
There are many benefits that you will have upon getting Dubai’s investment visa; have a look on them below:
- A stable residency in the UAE
- You can travel outside the UAE as you wish during the visa period
- You will pay taxes in the UAE, but you won’t be obliged to pay taxes in your home country, although this may depend on your home country’s rules and regulations
- You can apply for an Emirates ID and driving licence
- You can open a personal bank account
- You will be able to sponsor your parents, wife/husband, and children to come to the UAE
- You can get emirati phone numbers like Etisalat or Du and home phone too.
7. How Can You Apply for the Investment Visa in Dubai?
You can easily apply for the investment visa in Dubai as an investor. The processing time and cycle are short and effortless.
Here are the steps you should follow according to Dubai investment visa regulations:
Through a Property/Golden Visa
- You should go to the Dubai Land Department to get the investment visa; take your original passport, copy of your current visa (if available), and the original property title deed
- At the Dubai Land Department (DLD), you should request a reference letter to hand it to Dubai police
- After the letter is issued from DLD, you should request a certificate of good conduct from the Dubai police
- You should get a trade license from Dubai Economic Department (DED) with the documents you have
- Once you get the license, you should go to the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) to submit the documents and apply for a Dubai investment visa.
Through Investing in a Company
The process of registering for a Dubai investment visa if you have a business is simple. You can do this at any of Amer Centres which are located in various areas.
Here are some of the spots where you can find Amer center in Dubai:
- Dubai Festival City
- Al Karama
- Ibn Battuta Mall
- Al Jafiliya
- Al Quoz.
You just need your laptop to apply for the retirement visa. Let’s see how through the few below steps:
- You should send an email to email@example.com that includes the application with the needed information and attached documents.
- They will send you a link in order to pay a non-refundable amount which is USD 25 (AED 92 approximately). This is the fee of the process and the total application price of the retirement visa for an investor in Dubai. However, it doesn’t ensure you are approved.
- After approving the payment, the documents will be revised and if there’s something wrong they will contact you.
- Then the application will be directed to the noted entity after being approved at Dubai Tourism.
8. How Much Does an Investment Visa in Dubai Cost?
The cost of an investment visa varies depending on each case. If you will get the visa through a real estate investment in Dubai, then it costs approximately AED 13,000
For those who will get it through Investing in a company, it costs about AED 1,035. On the other hand, the fee of the 5-year Golden Visa in Dubai is AED 650 while the 10-year one costs AED 1,150.
Now you can relish your life in Dubai while investing your money in one of the most promising cities in the world.